SOESD / Technology & Media Services / Media Materials Library / Local Resources / North Mountain Park Service Learning / North Mountain Park School Program Field Trips
North Mountain Park School Program Field Trips
Natural and Cultural History of the Rogue Valley
Age Group Served: Kindergarten through 5th grade
Type of Program: Outdoor field trip
Subjects Addressed: North Mountain Park offers field programs that rotate seasonally through the following six broad topics: Geology, Water, Plants, Animals, Native Americans, and History. All topics are locally based and include a multi-disciplinary component which integrates and reinforces the other five topics.
- To foster a "sense of place" by teaching local natural and cultural history
- To foster an appreciation of, and respect for, nature
- To model a variety of ways that kids can enjoy being outdoors
- To show the impacts, both positive and negative, of people's actions on the local environment and the quality of life for the people living there
- To model a variety of behaviors related to sustainable living and environmental stewardship
Which Categories? Natural History Science Cultural History
Seasons/Months Program is Available:
School field programs are offered in the spring (April/May) and the fall (September/October) every year.
Availability of Program: First come first served. Learn more and register online at www.RegisterMyClass.org.
Cost: Grades K-3: $125 per class for a two hour field trip and supporting curriculum materials
Grades 3-5: $200 per class for a four hour field trip and supporting curriculum materials
Geographic Area Served: Elementary school classes in Ashland, Phoenix, Talent, and Medford
Program Website Link: http://northmountainpark.org
620 N Mountain Ave
The above document(s) are Adobe® Acrobat® PDF files and may be viewed using the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™. Most newer web browsers already contain the Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ plug-in. However, if you need it, click on the "Get Acrobat® Reader™" icon to download it now.