SOESD / School Improvement Services / Curriculum and Assessment / Teaching Strategies / Classroom Management
With student behavior and effective discipline a growing concern in schools, this comprehensive analysis is a timely guide to the critical role of classroom management in student learning and achievement.
Classroom Management that Works, ASCD 2003
SOESD offers professional development on the research of Robert Marzano and the classroom and school-wide strategies for management student behavior that can have a positive effect on student achievement. The training provides hands-on, practical strategies that teachers can immediately apply to the classroom.
- Knowledge of the research on Effective Teaching Strategies
- Understanding of the link from research to action in the classroom
- Application of the strategies to personal and professional needs
- Reflection on practice of these strategies in the classroom
- Rules and procedures
- Discipline and consequences
- Teacher-student relationships
- Mental set
- Student responsibility
- Getting off to a good start
For more information, contact SOESD Curriculum staff at 541.776.6771